Friday, September 16, 2016

Almond Milk and Almond Flour

I love when I find out it is EASY to make something at home that you usually buy at the store.
I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE when I find out it tastes more delicious than anything I have ever bought at the store.
My friend, Steve, and I were talking recently about his love of making almond milk (and flour) at home. He said the only thing I'd need was my blender and a nut milk bag (I purchased mine on Amazon, of course).
Here is the recipe he sent me! This is for blending into smoothies. He still owes me the recipe he uses when he plans to drink it straight up.

1. Soak approximately 14 oz of almonds in filtered water (I used my fridge water) for about 8 hours

2. Strain and rinse almonds.

3. Put almonds in a blender and fill up with filtered water. Blend almonds with the water.
(You will need a really good blender to do this. Steve has a Vitamix. I have a DASH and it did well, but it was rough for a little while. Be careful.)


4. Strain out pulp with your nut milk bag. I squeezed it, kind of like I was milking a cow so I could get every drop I could.


TA-DA! You have made almond milk. Store in an airtight container in your fridge.


For the almond flour, bake the pulp on a pan lined with parchment paper for at least 6 hours (I had to do longer, which makes me think I could have squeeze more liquid out.). Grind in food processor to make flour.



No comments:

Post a Comment